The Life Lesson In Olivia Rodrigo's New Song


Hi guys. It’s been a while. I’ve been busy. But believe me when I say I’ve missed you. I’ve missed having a voice and saying things I want to.

Happy New Year guys!

I hope the year is turning out great for you. Did you write resolutions? Did you cut people off? Did people cut you off? I feel like we focus on ourselves so much that we forget that other people’s lives aren’t about us.

I got cut off sha. And it’s fine. I’m in a time where I’m realizing that I’m not amazing to everybody. Some people don’t actually like me. I also know now, more than ever that it does not matter as long as I stay true to myself. In my favourite Youtuber’s words, I no send your Daddy.

So yes, Olivia Rodrigo. Olivia’s song is one of my favourite songs right now. It’s also currently one of the most-streamed songs in the world. It resonates with me. I feel like we, Olivia (assuming the story in the song is real) and I are learning to do certain things on our own- things that we did with people who cheered us on and were excited for us. It’s a lot to handle. But we’re all we’ve got now. She drives alone, and I live alone. Not literally, unfortunately. Figuratively.

I’m putting this out for anybody who feels some sort of gloom after realizing that they are really all they’ve got. I just want you to know that it’s okay. I’m not even going to tell you that you are strong because I understand that that doesn’t apply to everyone. We’re not all strong. That’s okay too. But I’d like you to know that this is your life now. It always was your life, regardless of who cheered you on, who shared your disappointments, who gave you their shoulders to cry on, and who eventually broke your heart.

I’m also putting this out for people who are mourning the loved ones that they have lost. It’s okay. It really is. It probably doesn’t feel like it, but however you feel-angry, sad, shocked, it’s okay.

I’ve said it’s okay like a bunch of times.

But yeah, go ahead and live. Get your Drivers’ license, start your business, do your job, you can do it alone. It’s great to have cheerleaders. I’m sure if you look closely, you do have them. If you can’t find any, I’m here. I don’t know you but you read my blog, and it means the world to me to know that somebody cares about what I have to say. So I’m rooting for you. I’m a stan. I’m a "you stan"- a die-hard fan of you. I hope that counts for something.

Be rest assured you don't need a crowd to succeed. Don't be like Liverpool fans. They're always walking together. Look how that is turning out for them. You are talented and you are special. 

Don't ever be afraid to do anything alone.  




Comments

Popular Posts