Element

 She reminds me of the sky.

I do not know if it is the vastness that I feel around her, or just that she wears blue all the time, or that she seems to always have eyes that look like they might rain any moment.

Blue and open sky.

 

Sometimes she smells like the earth.

The cleanness of it when it rains, so enticing, I almost want to be buried. But that would mean death. if you are buried in the soil, it means you are dead.

This is why I often watch my desire. It is not a good thing to be six feet under a woman.

What would my people say?

“He went to a strange town and became bewitched.”

My kinsmen would shame me.

 

Always fire.

She walks like she consumes men.

She would never admit it but I know.

I can tell because people look at me with a mixture of pity and envy.

Envy because I am her flavour of the month, and pity because she only leaves bones and ashes.

Queen of a graveyard, but a Queen nonetheless.

 


She is gentle on my skin like breeze, I’m almost unashamed of my love.

Almost, but not there yet. Not quite.

I still put up a disguise, a weak attempt to hold on to my manhood,

One of my many failures which altogether sum up to the very blatant fact that stares me in the face every time she knocks on my door:

I am a fool.

Only a fool sees a hurricane coming and does not hide.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts