When Life gives You Lemons

Going after what you want is really the hardest thing. No one ever tells you that. There are so many other options, alternatives to going all out, doing whatever it is to get that one thing that you've always wanted. Now I understand why a lot of people settle. Understand, not encourage. I get it really and there's no shame in it if you can live with yourself after. Life gives you lemons sometimes, right? But should you settle? And if you want to, when should you do it? Good news! It is my profound pleasure to tell you that I do NOT have answers to any of these questions. Frankly, I don't think anyone does.

People are different. People get stuck. People remain there. People get out of it. Everything is an option really, including quitting. I know what motivational speakers tell you, I know what you've read in your self-help books. They tell you to go at it, they tell you to kick down doors, they tell you not to stop, not to knock, just do it, like Nike. But it really is up to you, you know. Whatever you decide is fine if you can live with it. If you can sleep well at night, knowing what you have let go of, it's alright I guess. Make the best of what you have. Make lemonade. If you cannot, if you will kick yourself for stopping a race halfway, a race you know you could have won, then kick the doors down, jump or do whatever vague stuff your motivational speaker tells you. 

Comments

Popular Posts