Five Important Rules To Falling In Love


Hello! Welcome to February. I reckon you are planning to wreck your account in the name of showing love to your significant other next week. If yes, then glory be to God. If not, we move. Next year is another year.
Because it is February, and everyone is obsessed with love this time of the year, including yours truly. I mean, I plan on raining a barrage of short, heartfelt declarations of love on y'all next week. So I guess we're in this together.
I think love is different for young people now. It's a different time from our parents' and when they did it. It's probably why their opinions on love, dating and marriage seem so straightforward. Dem no know say this world don spoil. Between trying not to get crushed by your own self, your environment, the never-ending anxiety that comes with being an adult, it is a difficult thing to give your heart to someone else, someone whose head is probably not correct. I understand this difficulty, I've seen it in other people's situations, I've also had a few unfortunate incidents of my own. So from my experience and that of other people, I've come up with a few guidelines. I'm being serious right now. I don't want you to run mad because of love. If you're going to run mad, at least do it for something grand. Love is just not worth your sanity. Here we go;

1. Know and Accept that it probably won't end well for you
This is probably the most important rule when falling for a person. Understand that they are human too and that sometimes, things don't work out. I'm not asking you to not be optimistic. Please be optimistic(I can't seem to take this advice myself. To me, everything is dead on arrival). But do not tell yourself that this is it, I beg you. Allow some room for mistakes, misunderstanding, and an ending if it comes to that. I know that it is hard, but you have to try. It is either this or just pick out your mad person outfit because na crase go end am.

2. Don't rush it
Give it time. I know that life is short. I also know that you need to let the people you love know how you really feel about them, but you need to slow down so you can pay attention and not plant your love in a wasteland.Don't rush it. It would be really unfortunate if you did and then one person wrecks your heart and your life so much that you go and stand in the middle of Lekki- Epe Expressway and then your life will really be short.

3. Use your head
Again, I know this is difficult when you're falling in love. Your hormones, their faux perfection and the excitement make it extremely difficult. But trust me, this is advice you should listen to. Chook it inside your veins. Open your eyes. Don't ignore red flags. Forget what you've been told. Love is not stupid. Love is not supposed to hurt. Love should bring out the best in you, not make you insane.

4. Protect yourself
While you are in the process, look out for yourself. Be careful. Na who dey alive dey love, so do not put yourself in harm's way. Don't adjust yourself to fit the love that you are not certain of. Tailor it to suit you. Don't allow it rob you of your individuality. You will always have yourself, but you might not always have them or the love that they give.

5. Know that it's not by force
Throwing in the towel can be good too. Part of the process is knowing if or when to let go. It might not work. It almost always doesn't work out. That sucks but it is what it is. Sometimes the possibility of it ending becomes more than a possibility. If it does end, please cope. Please don't fall apart. You go dey alright. Is it not heartbreak? We go chest am. Don't worry, mo wa pelu e.

PS, These rules are given only to those whose heads are correct or at least semi-correct and have good intentions. If you are a toxic person who is just looking to hurt other people, may the sweat-accompanied curses Lagosians are hurling at Sanwo-Olu locate you.
E go be!

Comments

  1. Nice one. I particularly like the part of using your head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. It's probably the most difficult one to do but it's very important

      Delete
  2. This is a generous advise for a 21st century wise youth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eshey gon o
    I pray we learn to use our head🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking for love, for real love, then you should probably avoid having sex on the first day...even kissing on the first day isn't very advisable. I personally won't take you seriously after that day. But if you want something long lasting, then you should definitely hold yourself a bit longer. I respect a woman who makes me prove why i deserve to go down into her vagina. Makes me want to stay with her for ever and ever and ever.
    Consider this rule number 1.5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for commenting. Regarding your rule number 1.5, I just want to point out that these rules(mine and yours) do not guarantee the success of a relationship.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts