A Lesson On Big Breasts, Self-Acceptance And Self-Confidence

I've always been busty, I think. But I didn't get self-conscious about it until I turned eighteen. Apparently, everybody else knew I was busty except me. I literally found out from other people.
Let me tell you something interesting. One day I was talking to this guy who later became my friend and he said that somebody he knew was describing me to him. And guess what physical feature came up in their discussion. They didn't even have the decency to use my shortness to describe me. Anyway, that was how I found out and to be honest, I think I have been obsessing about it for the past five years.


For a long time, I've struggled with accepting that this is what I look like. I've come a long way, but this doesn't change the fact that if I could, I would auction it to the highest bidder. Maybe I'd even give it out for free to you people that are dying to have it. Yeah, I'm generous like that, and there's enough to go round. You get boobies, you get boobies, boobies for everybody.
I find it odd when people say all the time that something that used to cause them discomfort or pain, they now love and accept it and wouldn't give it up for anything. Maybe it's because I can't relate all the way. I accept myself but if I could give it up (maybe get a reduction), I would.

As awesome as some of you think it is, it can be a burden. But I guess who no go no know. The best way I can describe it to you is just asking you to imagine carrying something heavy on your chest. Your back might hurt sometimes. You might have trouble sleeping sometimes because of it. Finding the right bra might be a bit of a struggle. I made a major breakthrough in bra shopping just last year and it has improved my quality of life. LOL. Big breasts have too many enemies. Let me share with you a few downsides of being blessed like this.

1. Button-down shirts
You button the top, the middle pops open. Sometimes the two parts of the front of the shirt can't even touch each other. For comfort, I only stick to polos or just shirts with no buttons running down the front. A hack would be to buy a shirt that's a few sizes too large so it buttons easily. You could also just wear a shirt inside your button-down shirt and not bother with the buttons at all.

2. Bad roads
One time I went to visit a friend on 19th Street, BDPA. The road was a mess at the time. It was like riding a bicycle on the back of a dragon. And as the gallops increase, you struggle to keep your babies inside your bra. My own babies almost fell out and the keke driver kept looking at me weird. Na bress I get sir. I no kill person.
The bra breakthrough I made last year was simply avoiding bras with pads in them. I discovered that there was absolutely no need. 
I'm using this opportunity to plead with the Federal government to please come to our aid. I don't have a car that the roads are spoiling, but the roads are disturbing my breasts. Please do something.

3. Crop tops
I don't know how other girls see it, but to me, crop tops are the enemy. You wear it as a busty girl and they appear shorter than they already are. On top of all this, your stomach is not even flat so what are you showing off? Sorry, I think I'm projecting at this point.  Yep, my stomach is not flat. How will it be?

A picture of me in a crop top(2018)

 I try to pair my crop tops with loose pants sometimes to balance everything out and make my chest seem smaller. It usually comes out great.

4. People 
Despite the fact that another person's body is none of your business, it never stops random strangers from stopping me on the street to give me their opinion on what I look like.
"Sister I like this your chest oh." or "You for leave small for other girls na".
No home training at all.
I try to shrug it off most times. It doesn't hurt or anything. It happens. I tell myself that they don't have sense and most likely don't have much they are living for. I mean, you'd have to be completely bonkers to feel entitled to an opinion on a complete stranger's body. 
"As for me, I feel say na crase"
 
Bants aside, accepting yourself the way you are is important because no one will help you do it. No matter how beautiful you are, people will always find something wrong with you. They will project their own insecurities on to you. They will body shame you. If you have big breasts, they will make fun of you. If you have small breasts, they will make fun of you. Whatever it is you have or do not have, own it. That is self-confidence. Your body is your own. And the best part? It has no influence on who you are on the inside. But it's a good thing to see yourself as beautiful and complete.

There is honestly nothing you can do to control other people's reaction to what you look like. But one thing remains clear and true; It is nobody's business, only yours. This is why you must find a way to accept yourself. In the end, it is only your opinion of your body that counts. And once you have mastered self-acceptance and self-confidence, you're home-free. Even Tyrion Lannister understood this. 
"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you."
What I am is a short, small-framed girl that is busty. If you think that this is something to try to hurt me with, you have another thing coming. Also, thunder will fire you, Ozuor. Have a great day.



Comments

  1. Love of your life25 June 2020 at 12:56

    Love and light baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kanye line. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate....hahahaha...once i walked into Lt1 with my buttons popped opened with no clue. I literally followed a guy's eye to my chest. Oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I can totally relate. One time, my shirt buttons misbehaved and popped open at June 12 and I didn't even know until I traced what everybody was looking at

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts